Monday, November 8, 2010

Week Eleven

November 1 - 5, 2010
I feel like the school year is really starting to set in. The kids are awful a lot of the time. Really they aren't awful but there are a few bad apples that spoil the whole bunch. For a while I was blaming it on the whole class but then I realized that the class was feeding off of one student who was constantly off of task. The student who was acting up was having personal issues at home so at first, we were letting them get by with a lot just because they were having a hard time. But then they realized how lenient we were being and starting taking advantage. I found this really hard because I had never been in their shoes before. I got to the point to where I had to take action and start punishing them. Well, my mentor teacher stepped up to the plate and I followed with the same discipline. Although, I would rather not have to deal with these situations, I am glad that I had my mentor teacher to fall back on and help me with deciding what to do. It is hard to believe that eleven weeks have gone by. I am not looking forward to December!

No comments:

Post a Comment